For more than 100 years, NCCO has driven success for the foodservice industry through innovative products and services. Our employees are at the crux of what has brought us to where we are today. We’re a group of driven, talented individuals who bring diverse backgrounds to the table.
From company picnics and event celebrations to personalized coaching and development opportunities, NCCO’s work environment fosters creativity and collaboration. While new faces join our team often, average employee tenure is over 30 years. Hang around awhile and you might just begin to feel like family.
NCCO offers employment benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k & matching
- Medical reimbursement
- Educational opportunities
- And more
And, of course, NCCO is an equal opportunity employer. Check out the open jobs below to see if your talents would be a good fit for our team.
Software Engineer, Full Stack
Reports to Director of Information Technology
Schedule Full-time, Mon-Fri
Employee Type Exempt Employee
Pay Type Salaried with Benefits
NCCO is seeking a full-stack engineer to join the team of developers responsible for the company’s growing ecosystem of digital products and services as well as the modernization and enhancement of internal applications using the latest .NET web platforms and Azure cloud infrastructure. Passion for excellence is a must, as this role will play a defining part in bringing our applications to some of the largest players in the restaurant industry and beyond.
The successful candidate will have experience with agile design and end-to-end implementation of applications and be capable of mentoring and inspiring his or her peers. This position is being opened at a time of growth and change in the company, so in addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed below the candidate should be prepared to proactively use his or her unique skills to help shape the team and respond to the challenges and opportunities it will encounter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Build and support cloud-based applications based on recent versions of ASP.NET Core and web front-end technologies.
· Assist with the design and construction of new customer-facing software, from proof of concept to delivered application.
· Maintain existing internal applications and assist with modernization.
· Contribute to and help reinforce rigorous software development practices, including agile processes, testing, and instrumentation.
· Utilize and ideally enhance existing CI/CD pipelines for rapid iteration and deployment.
· Collaborate with other team members.
· Assist with problem identification and work quickly to resolve any issues that arise.
· Act swiftly and with determination but remain calm in the face of urgent problems or change requests.
· Communicate clearly and effectively with team members, management, and other departments, both verbally and in writing; represent the company well in discussions with partners and other external parties when applicable.
· Take good notes and organize information for later use, both personally and by others.
· Demonstrate strong professional craftsmanship, curiosity, and eagerness for continual improvement.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires a minimum of a 2-year college degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 3 years of experience in the software development world. A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred but not required.
· At least 2-6 years of development experience with C# and .NET
· Recent experience with ASP.NET (Core preferred; ASP.NET MVC 3+ is acceptable)
· 2+ years of web front-end experience. Good proficiency with HTML, CSS, and JS is required, with knowledge of one or more JS frameworks such as Vue or Angular is preferred.
· Good grasp of relational database design and SQL; Entity Framework or other ORM experience would also be useful
· Experience with Azure PaaS and IaaS offerings and/or Azure DevOps CI/CD is preferred
· Strong command of code structures and patterns
· Experience with agile software development
· Facility with source control (Git or TFS VC preferred)
· Ability to effectively communicate technical items verbally and in writing
· Enthusiasm for the creation of excellent and innovative software
· Inspires peers and promotes team participation
· Thorough attention to detail
· Curiosity about the needs and circumstances of the business, and a drive to help it succeed
· Excellent debugging skills
· Ability to discuss technical issues with non-technical people
· Approachable nature
· Willingness to increase technical skills via further education and training
· Ability to communicate and manage conflict resolution in a professional manner
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
· Ability to act calm under pressure
“Over the years, our employees have provided the skills and talent necessary to ensure our steady growth and we are proud of this heritage. The commitment and enthusiasm of our talent will continue to further the company’s growth as well as their value within the organization.”
– Ben Olk III, President
“We have many wonderful opportunities to offer those who are curious, ambitious, and dedicated to success. I tell new hires: the role today is what is written on paper in the job description—but it is up to them to create their niche within the company fueled by their interests and expertise. I always look forward to seeing how new hires enhance our team.“
– Dana Bloyer, Director of Human Resources
Visit Us at an Upcoming Event
NCCO participates in a variety of industry and distributor trade shows, product demonstrations and other events throughout the year.