For more than 115 years, National Checking Company (NCCO) has developed and produced products that drive success for the food service and hospitality industries. We specialize in products that improve restaurant profitability, enhance food safety, increase server and restaurant efficiency, and promote a more enjoyable and satisfying dining experience.
Headquartered in St. Paul, NCCO is a family-owned business that takes pride in their hard-working staff who are dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. With innovation as a top core value, NCCO fosters an environment that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. As we continue our journey of growth, we celebrate the collective sum of individual life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, unique abilities, and talents that create our culture. Together we look forward to creating a bright future as we launch new product lines, marketing programs, and technologies to help end users provide stellar customer service and achieve their business goals.
NCCO offers employment benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k & matching
- Medical reimbursement
- Educational opportunities
- And more
And, of course, NCCO is an equal opportunity employer. Check out the open jobs below to see if your talents would be a good fit for our team.
"*" indicates required fields
Department – Finance
Reports to – Enterprise Controller
Employee Type – Non-Exempt Employee
Schedule – Full-time, Mon-Fri
Pay Type – Salaried with Benefits; includes Incentive pay structure
Direct Reports – None
Support enterprise by analyzing business and financial data. Using various data sources to create and maintain financial models that will contribute to strategic decisions. Maintain and compile consolidated budgets on an on-going basis and providing recommendations for future growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in further development of and detailed review of operations budgets and performance benchmarks
- Continuous compilation of Enterprise budget; working with various stakeholders taking into account the company’s goal and financial standing
- Produce monthly reports, which include key metrics, financial results and variance reporting for distribution to leadership timely
- Assist with evaluation of new business initiatives
- Study business trends and make recommendations for pricing, markets, and products
- Ability to analyze multiple data sources and find commonality to compile various data combinations together to assist with using the data to tell a story of past and future company performance
- Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models
- Establish and guide cost analysis updating current and creating new policies
- Build and provide financial models for forecasting and annual budgets
- Assist with building out cash projection formats and creating efficiencies, while supporting long-term strategic business decisions
- Other reporting projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 2-4 years as a Financial Analyst, or similar, experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, CMA or CPA, preferred
- Strong skills with Salesforce or similar system
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated system
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills and a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Expert knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel, Office
- Excellent time management skills
- Professional, flexible, ability to work independently and be a positive team player
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Proficient typing skills
Marketing Manager, National Accounts
Department – Marketing
Location – 899 Montreal Circle, St. Paul, MN 55102
Reports to – Marketing Dept. Lead
Direct Reports – Marketing Specialist, National Accounts
Schedule – 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri, as arranged with Manager; Hybrid schedule
The Marketing Manager, National Accounts is responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies to grow our national accounts business through obtaining new leads and enabling growth within existing customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist VP of Marketing with strategic development of National Accounts marketing.
- Execute the National Accounts marketing strategy.
- Develop lead generation campaigns using various marketing channels and formats – email, PPC, digital and print advertising, social media, mailings, video.
- Collaborate with executional marketing team to build editorial calendar for the market vertical and brand.
- Oversee the strategy and execution of national trade shows within the market vertical of National Accounts and National Accounts corporate shows.
- Work with sales team to develop Account Based Marketing for National Account customer specific marketing initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally with the digital marketing team, content writer, and creative team to create and execute initiatives.
- Work with internal sales team to identify and create digital and print sales enablement tools.
- Create templates and provides direction for national account customer business reviews.
- Assist with development and overseeing budget for national account marketing initiatives.
- Oversee industry research within the national account market vertical (restaurant, c-stores, contract catering) and corporate accounts research.
- Review Google Analytics, SEO reports, email statistics, advertising programs with digital team and provide input for improvement based on market vertical knowledge.
- Coach and mentor one direct report.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. NCCO will train the right candidate to excel in this opportunity.
- 5-8+ years marketing experience as a Marketing Manager.
- Degree in Marketing or relevant field preferred.
- Experience managing staff preferred.
- Experience with B2B lead generation campaigns.
- Prefer experience working with sales to gain long-term customers (i.e. national accounts).
- Knowledge of marketing digital tools and techniques.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task. Strong project management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to travel to tradeshows and other events on occasion [estimated as 3-5 shows annually].
- Ability to be an outward facing representative of the company in tradeshows.
- Solid computer skills. Experience with a project management tool a plus.
- Exhibit and encourage our core values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation and Passion for Excellence.
- Passion for excellence and continuous learning.
- Ability to problem solve but also work within a team to make decisions.
- Analytical skills with a goal-oriented attitude.
- Able to work cross-functionally and collaboratively while also holding accountability.
- Professional, flexible, and positive team player that is self-directed and self-motivated.
- Adaptable and comfortable with change.
“Over the years, our employees have provided the skills and talent necessary to ensure our steady growth and we are proud of this heritage. The commitment and enthusiasm of our talent will continue to further the company’s growth as well as their value within the organization.”
– Ben Olk III, President
“We have many wonderful opportunities to offer those who are curious, ambitious, and dedicated to success. I tell new hires: the role today is what is written on paper in the job description—but it is up to them to create their niche within the company fueled by their interests and expertise. I always look forward to seeing how new hires enhance our team.“
– Dana Bloyer, Director of Human Resources
Visit Us at an Upcoming Event
NCCO participates in a variety of industry and distributor trade shows, product demonstrations and other events throughout the year.